Is Email Marketing Automation Worth Looking Into?
Email marketing has been around for quite some time, but it is far from dead! Marketing automation could be a gold mine and time saver for your business and you might not even know it. This service has only been a buzz phrase for the last 5 years. Unless you have your ears close to the tracks of the internet marketing world it might have passed you by.
Marketing Automation Platforms
There are quite a few providers offering this service in various flavors now, Infusionsoft, Active Campaign, Click Funnels and Hubspot to name a few. I wanted to find the best solution looking at both cost and functionality as key points.
I did not want this to be a review article, but when looking at setup fees, monthly cost and ease of use, Active Campaign seemed to come out on top. It only took us a few days to get our initial campaigns and pipeline setup and so far we are incredibly impressed with the service. I was able to get our responsive WordPress website and landing pages integrated and connected without any hangup.
Create a hierarchy of actions
- A Notification email is then sent to me or one of my team with the opt-in details.
- The visitor enters the automation because he or she is tagged as a (Prospect) from the landing page form options.
- I then have a (Thank You For Your Interest) email template that is already set up with a PDF brochure attachment, video, and next step information. This email will ask the prospect to schedule a quick call or meeting regarding their project. using a Calendly API connection to Active campaign.
- A (Wait) node can be dropped in where we have added a 1 day period of time to pass before executing the next condition.
- We then have an (If Then) process. In this case if the email has been opened and the appointment request link was clicked, it will send a reminder notification. Then it will create a task for one of our reps to follow up on that contact. Otherwise, if those conditions were not met the service will wait another day before sending a follow up email with a different subject line.
- After the second follow up email is sent out. That contact is tagged as (Unresponsive) but added to a different automation. The other automation is sent out after 3 days in case they were preoccupied. To control the hygiene of my list after 2 weeks pass and a final follow up, I then have the contact removed from the list.