Price varies project to project. Simple projects that don’t need custom web development can get a quote over the phone or via email. Complex custom websites that require advanced features need an IAD or (Information Architecture Document). The IAD will have an outline with diagrams and details that define the scope of the project. Once all the details get defined a quote with milestones will be presented.
- Itemize key functionality & design expectations
- Determine marketing objectives & client demographic
- Develop web site architecture road-map showing site navigation & data structure
- Collaborate on website architecture and address potential roadblocks
- Revise contract when necessary to accommodate unanimous changes
- Sign-off on final web site architecture, functionality, and site map
- Design logo and graphical samples (when applicable)
- Design layout samples showing rough design and sub-page concepts
- Design wire frames to layout page navigation and form data
- Collaborate on logo, graphics and layout designs
- Sign-off on final web site layout & functionality
- Install core development applications
- Setup database structures
- Develop custom data components
- Adapt layouts & functionality for each section
- Connect client functionality with back-end components
- Regular reporting on development progress
- Import and format web page text and images
- Insertion of marketing keywords and site descriptions
- Test each website component for layout and functionality issues
- Sign-off on testing phase and launch web site
We host most of our clients websites because it makes it easy for us to support them. Blue Light Labs does not require that you host with us but it’s recommended. We have different flavors of hosting available based on your project type. Our VPS servers are setup on a OC3 backbone and they are secure, load fast and are backed up frequently. We also setup and configure CDN (Content delivery Network) hosting. Made for clients that want to take website speed to the next level.
Our support will guarantee work for 1 year, this means that if anything breaks and needs to upgrading we will do it free of charge. When extra modifications or changes need to be done we bill hourly at $65 dollars an hour. Clients can also purchase monthly support packages if they require frequent monthly management.
Yes, we stand by our promise that if we are not available immediately someone will get back to you within an hour of leaving a message. We ask to only call after hours if your website has become compromised or it is an emergency.
For large scale projects we may come out to your location if necessary but most of the time we prefer to stay in house to maximize development time. We have a suite of communication tools available for screen sharing and virtual meetings.
The only thing we do not do in-house at Blue Light Labs is write content. We find that content comes more naturally from the client. Usually you will know your business allot better than we do. We do have an excellent SEO copy writing partner that we have worked with in the past and recommend.
When it comes to stock photography and content writing we have a network of partners to refer.