If you can Nail Down Monday the rest of the week just works!
Communication is stressed and needs to be addressed
I have found that if I go down my client list and write update emails the evening before, I free up my morning a little. This keeps me from having to touch base with everyone at once. While I watch a little Game of Thrones Sunday evening, I will schedule them to go out 8:00 am Monday morning. When it comes to scheduling appointments and telephone conversations. I will leave it up to them by sending a link to our Calendly event manager. This way they can pick a pre-set available time and we won’t get any overlapping meetings.
Your momentum is wounded
Planning needs to be reworked
- We never go live with a website or schedule a project launch on Monday unless necessary
- Sales and Marketing ideas get discussed and scheduled, but we no longer follow up with prospects or pursue business on Monday
- Staff can choose a project they want to work on rather than be forced into any priorities
- We play chill music only on Mondays
- light a stress candle 🙂
Outside of the modified work routines I came up with my own little plan. Monday morning I wake up early, grab some lemon water, hit the gym and get a good hard workout in. Getting this habit started took some major effort, but I can’t even tell you how much this has helped. Exercise really helps silence the monkey mind while getting my week off to its best start. From there I have my well deserved Starbucks Nitro Cold Brew and take my time starting Monday, easing into it.
Mindset must be framed
The true condition of Monday is starting to take shape if I have everyone on the same page now. Out of all three of these suspected culprits is a Mindset. Mindset is the perspective engine that needs to get tamed in order to take charge over these root causes. Mindset is the choice to deliberately alter perspective so you can reap the benefits of new choices. It can fuel your motivation and engagement when modifying your approach to Monday and the new week ahead of you. Your mindset is the lens you choose to view and perceive your Monday though.
- Everything that can go wrong will go wrong on Monday
- The world is a dim and washed out place on Monday
- Everything is so much loader and annoying
- People just seem to be ass holes
- If you flip a coin and want heads it will most likely be tails
- I am prepared and there is no need to be stressed or rush myself
- People are just moody on Monday so there is no constructive reason to let others influence you negatively
- Stress is a symptom and should be treated as such rushing into the week with guns blazing it not the answer
- Monday can be a fun day if I allow it to be
- I look forward to Monday because I have tailored it to my liking