PHASE ONE: Concept Development & Site Information Architecture Planning
- Itemize key functionality & design expectations
- Determine marketing objectives & client demographic
- Develop web site architecture roadmap showing site navigation & data structure
- Collaborate on web site architecture and address potential roadblocks
- Revise contract when necessary to accommodate unanimous changes
- Sign-off on final web site architecture, functionality, and site map
PHASE TWO: Website Layout Design & Functionality Wire frames
- Design logo samples (when applicable)
- Design layout samples showing rough overall design
- Design wire frames to layout page navigation and form data
- Collaborate on logo and layout designs
- Sign-off on final web site layout & functionality
PHASE THREE: Develop Operational Systems
- Install core development applications
- Setup database structures
- Develop custom data components
- Adapt layouts & functionality for each section
- Connect client functionality with backend components
- Regular reporting on development progress
PHASE FOUR: Populate Live Data & Final Testing
- Import and format web page text and images
- Insertion of marketing keywords and site descriptions
- Test each web site component for layout and functionality
- Sign-off on testing phase and launch web site
For standard brochure CMS sites we like to take at least 3 weeks. Based on the complexity of the project we estimate the amount of hours going into the project and adjust the milestones respectively. Custom Ecommerce or web-application based sites can take us 2-4 months.
We are always able to get things done faster if there is a strong communication between the client and the designer.
We host most of our clients websites because it makes it easy for us to support them. Blue Light Labs does not require that you host with us but It is recommended. Our servers are hosted on a OC3 backbone so they load fast and are backed up regularly.
Yes we are a full service company offering professional company branding and pixel/ vector level design for print and web. Talk to us about our branding services and packages.
When the website is finished do you still support us when something needs to be updated or modified?
Our support will guarantee work for 1 year this means that if anything breaks and needs to be upgraded we will do it free of charge. If additional modifications or changes need to be made we bill hourly at $60 dollars an hour.
Every website on our servers gets a complete backup every Sunday. Additionally all our CMS websites have a backup component built into the administration. This allows administrators to make backups whenever they want. These backups can be restored in less than 10 minutes if necessary.
Security is becoming a much greater issue over the last 5 years so it's almost imposable to make something completely safe from hackers. Our administrators started using a security suite on all our CMS sites. So far we have not had one site hacked when using the suite. The suite monitors all in-bound and out-bound traffic, it also reports when there is a attempt to compromise the website.
Yes, we stand by our promise that if we are not available immediately someone will get back to you within an hour of leaving a message.
We specialize in professionally customizing the Joomla! CMS framework, although we also have experience in WordPress and Drupal. Other projects that require functionality outside of what a open source CMS can provide we build and design from the ground up.
For large scale projects we may come out to your location if necessary but most of the time we prefer to stay in house to maximize development time.
The only thing we do not do in-house at Blue Light Labs is write content. We find that content comes more naturally from the client because they know their business allot better than we will. When it comes to stock photography and content writing we have specific partners we have worked with that we would collaborate with.
Once the project is live the primary person that is to be in charge of the website will have 1-2 required online training sessions with the developer. The amount of training necessary depends on the complexity of the project and it's required administrative tasks.